Proof of Concept
Esprit wants to offer its customers all omnichannel possibilities as well as enliven selected stores with digital signage screens.
Solution & Implementation
The flagship store in Schadowstrasse Düsseldorf and all Esprit branches in the Netherlands are installing digital signage screens in various sizes and orientations to match the shop fitting concept. A mix of brand and product messages is used to skillfully communicate with customers on the displays.
The InStore Assistant is available to employees with article availability and variation inquiries as well as all omnichannel processes (Click & Collect, Click & Reserve, Return to Retail).
Esprit was one of the first German fashion retailers to be able to transmit 4K media content to digital signage screens via WiFi. The screens replaced classic half-busts and thus simplify the presentation of the current collection to match the goods below. The store managers were able to control the content that was played out above the respective articles themselves and thus react flexibly to the delivered goods. Esprit was also a pioneer in the introduction of omnichannel processes, combined with live inventory queries from branches and the online shop.
Esprit setzt in diesem Proof of Concept auf folgende Leistungen und Produkte der Bütema AG:
- Content management with soviaRetail
- Quick and centralized content control
- Multimedia content for more advertising impact
- Digital advertising displays for product presentations
- Digital shelf extension via counter cards
- Supporting employees in sales talks
- For handling the omnichannel processes Click & Collect, Click & Reserve, Return to Retail
- Merging and synchronization of data from different systems
- Provision of the current inventory
- Generating meaningful KPIs
- Analyzing, preparing and evaluating KPIs
Design & Development
- Interface to the merchandise management system and online shop
- Implementierung der Softwaretechnologien in interne Prozesse
- Data interface to digital end devices and apps
Driven by an unconditionally positive attitude towards life, Esprit was founded in 1968 by Susie and Doug Tompkins in California. Shaped by the revolutionary spirit of the 1960s, the brand developed a clear philosophy: authenticity instead of unnatural perfectionism, solidarity instead of exclusion and colorful joie de vivre instead of the gray everyday grind. “We want to make you feel good to look good” became Esprit's motto. The secret of your success story? Since day one, Esprit has not only stood for casual, high-quality essentials and carefully selected trend pieces, but also for responsibility. Esprit is about sustainability, equality and freedom of choice. What does that mean in concrete terms? In 1992, long before “eco fashion” came into fashion, launched Esprit launched the first “ecollection” made of 100% organic cotton and for the “Real People Campaign” in the 1980s, the fashion company with Californian roots chose employees instead of models. Today Esprit is represented in 40 countries. Esprits is headquartered in Germany and Hong Kong, and the brand has also been listed on the Hong Kong stock exchange since 1993.